Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I get used to the phrase
I'm doing good
and I'm a confident liar.

Winter approaches
like a killer from the basement
in this scene the tension is thick
only a bare light bulb
illuminates my sallow face,
and I look terrified.

I keep feeling a painful shock
in my left shoulder,
like I was electrocuted,
I am learning mortality

and I can't stop looking
in the reflection of the mirror
hanging on the wall
because I can sense something
is about to happen.

In the closing scene of the film,
I stand on the ninth floor
of an unidentified building,
and watch all the lost people

like a killer
through the curtain.


3 comments:

  1. This is good Chris, but I feel that the line breaks are unnecessary. It might flow better in paragraph form.

    Also you should get a black ski mask and wear it everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also I sometimes I wish I could silence the editor in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate the advice

    ReplyDelete