Tuesday, November 15, 2011

he said
you are my sister
we share the same
raven sleek hair

this blonde girl she must be a
pop star


--

he said I am sympathetic to Israel
I'm half Jewish
although I believe she is unjust
I am sympathetic
I'm half Jewish

--

and will I
never be able to sympathize
throwing my life into this into the earth for everyone
will I never
be able to sympathize with torture and dying and the
want for a homeland
because I was born white can I not be
a sister a real human because I study
the history of how the world came to be so unjust and
I on top by so many small actions born into
wealth
if I tore apart the system cursed the fucks
who fucked it up this way although it benefited me
would people continue to say
someone who looked like me suffered injustice once
--

I am sorry I do not understand
but fuck
we all suffer
do not deny me that

2 comments: