Sunday, November 20, 2011

will power

i am doing a thing i cannot stop
i move closer to your little face
and lean down
and sniff

i am walking out 
i stare back 
i feel nothing, i wonder if they know, i feel a little more
a little more like i am missing
something 
that they all have
and they can see the hole 
or slight slope 
like a ditch 

i don’t want to go home
i ask to be driven home 
but I want to be driven out into a field 
and left in the dark  

to find my own way back
i walk for a long time 
without seeing anything but the stars 
and patches of streaking light
that have followed me around
ever since I did that one thing
i get back, eventually 

everything moved without me
or
everything is happening
in relation to me

and i am not doing 
what you want me to be doing 
i am not doing
enough to make you happy

what makes me happy is 
thinking about you tucked in bed
safe and warm 

without me 
because i’m out 
finding the angle at which 
the sun moved 
in relation to me 
and left me in the dark 
where no one can see
the missing part 

1 comment: